San Diego's Premier Garage Door Store
Carriage House Door
Carriage House Garage Doors in San Diego
Beautiful & Functional Garage Doors with Old-World Charm
Looking to improve the curb appeal of your home? Consider enhancing your home’s value with a custom wood garage door from Carriage House Door Company. With distinctive period styles, Carriage House combines old-world design with state-of-the-art technology to replicate beautiful, period-style doors that complement both new construction and tasteful retrofits.
Carriage House garage doors are carefully crafted to your specifications, and are made from the finest materials. Exceptional workmanship, superior woods, and professional hardware are the unwavering standards of Carriage House, ensuring long-lasting beauty, reliable performance, and low maintenance. At ADS Automatic Door Specialists, we believe in offering only the best products and flawless installation, so you can be sure you are receiving a garage door that will last for many years.
Call us today at (858) 266-9563 to learn more about our installation services.
He was very impressive to watch as he single-handedly removed our very heavy old wooden door... Observing his technique of hanging the new replacement door was another impressive event. He is a great asset to the company..We love the look of the new door.- Thomas R.
Their technician was on time and fixed our door without any problems. He was very polite and helpful with our questions/concerns. Thanks ADS- Ricardo F.
We are so pleased with the product and especially with the service. We will recommend this company to any of our friends who need this service.- Debbi P.
Carriage House Door Design Options
Carriage House has manufactured custom wood doors for over 30 years. Through its extensive network of dealers, homeowners, architects, and builders, it produces the industry’s finest carriage doors, ensuring each design is the perfect fit to enhance the beauty and value of your home, with the modern conveniences of overhead sectionals and electronic openers. Carriage House even has doors wind load tested and certified for coastal areas with higher humidity.
Every Carriage House garage door is unique. Choose from templates of traditional designs and specific period styles, or create a design that’s yours alone. You can select from vertical grain clear western red cedar, tight knot incense cedar, mahogany, vertical grain douglas fir, or clear heart redwood — when you choose a wooden door. Customize further with finishes and decorative hardware — down to the smallest detail.
Decorative Hardware for Every Style Door
Whether you choose a European, American country home, or classic cottage style for your wooden or steel carriage doors, Carriage House Door has the exact hardware to match your design.
Choose from seven decorative styles: Barcelona, Cambridge, Carolina, Georgia, Maryland, Rhode Island, and Virginia. These beautifully forged pieces are from the Carriage House Collection of hardware. Our experienced team at ADS Automatic Door Specialists will also procure decorative hardware from alternate sources if requested to match the specs of a custom job.
Wood Garage Doors in San Diego
Each overhead garage door in our Carriage House collection matches the timeless beauty, authenticity, and quality of a carriage door constructed a century ago, yet operates with the latest technology.
Facing: Your choice of the following:
- 1/2 or 5/8 inch medium density overlay plywood (for paint grade doors only).
- 3/8 or 5/8 inch Breckenridge plywood siding (for paint or stain grade doors).
- 1/2 inch marine mahogany plywood (for paint or stain grade).
- Vertical grain western red cedar, incense cedar, fir, or any other available materials as specified.
Wire-brush option is available on all doors to produce a weathered effect.
Trim/Overlay: Your choice of the following:
- Stain Grade: Vertical grain clear western red cedar (standard), STK incense cedar, vertical grain douglas fir, clear heart redwood, mahogany, bonded to the facing with exterior adhesive and galvanized finish nails.
- The concealed side of the trim is back-cut to prevent twisting and warping.
The following guidelines show the number of sections for door heights of up to fourteen feet:
- Up to 8’0″ : 3 sections
- From 8’0″ to 10′ : 4 sections
- From 10′ to 12′ : 5 sections
- From 12′ to 14′ — 6 sections
Other Wood Styles
Carriage House Door Co. is pleased to add beautiful reclaimed boards to our extensive collection of woods. Rustic boards are salvaged from old barns and have aged gracefully for over 100 years. They are handcrafted following your specifications into richly textured rustic-styled garage doors. Our vintage boards are available in three colors: Cordovan, Sienna, and Umber.
- Shou Sugi Ban – Ancient Japanese technique of expertly charring board siding, then cleaning and sealing with a natural oil.
- Sapele Mahogany – Beautiful, durable hardwood used in fine cabinetry, flooring and paneling.
- Reclaimed Redwood – Taken from old bridges, barns, and other structures and refinished to bring out rich, striking grain and color.
- Vertical Grain Western Red Cedar – A straight-grain wood with outstanding weight-to-strength ratio.
- Burmese Teak – Prized for golden color, resistance to weathering, and distinctive grain.
- Ipe – Extremely dense with fine grain, durable
- Black Walnut – Immensely popular classic American hardwood with outstanding dimensional stability.
Steel Garage Doors
The Steel Collection features five models in a variety of finishes: Galvanized, Brushed, Hot Rolled, and Cold Rolled. Also available: Aluminum doors, both Clear Anodized and Dark Bronze Anodized, Copper, and Corten Steel, which, over time, develops a rich patina. These doors are available as 2-inch steel-backed, insulated doors. Sculpted edge trim and window construction set it apart from the competition. Windows can be added to all of our doors to allow light to enter the garage and adds aesthetic appeal. You can choose any type of glass, including, seeded, smoked, obscure, etc.
- Sections: 2 inch steel back insulated
- Overlay: 1/2 inch Extira is bonded to the facing with exterior adhesive and screws.
- Core: 2 EPS, Polystyrene insulation.
- Each door features heavy-duty hardware, 10-ball nylon rollers, horizontal reinforcing, torsion springs, and heavy-duty track.
Designs: Five basic designs are offered. All are available with windows and custom arch. (Please provide template with custom arch.) Special designs are available when detailed drawings are supplied.
Looking for a Carriage House garage door installer in San Diego? Call Automatic Door Specialists today at (858) 266-9563.